What is Title 1?
Title 1 is a federally funded program available to schools with a high percentage of students eligible for free and reduced price lunch. These funds are above and beyond the district funds given to schools and are to be used to enhance student achievement. In Seminole County, Title 1 serves serveral public and private elementary and middle schools. All staff at Title 1 schools are required to be highly qualified. Parents may request information regarding the professional qualifications of teachers and staff who work with their child. Contact the principal for more information, Mrs. Amy Barone, 407-320-0602.
- Highly qualified administrators
- Recruitment and retention of highly qualified teachers
- implementation of comprehensive Reading, Writing, and Math Frameworks
- Assessment and monitoring in all academic areas
- Pre-K Varying Exceptionalities program to prepare students for school
Each year all schools in Seminole County form advisory committees with school staff and parents. By working "Better Together" this committee works hard at determining the schools strengths and weaknesses and create a School Improvement Plan. For our School Improvement Plan, please use the link below.
- Winter Springs Elementary School Improvement Plan
- Parent Involvement Plan in English
- Parent Involvement Plan in Spanish
To learn more about our school grades please visit schoolgrades.fldoe.org